Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hawng naam yuu tee nai?

This is my delectable spread from our hotel breakfast in Bangkok:
 

So fresh, so yummy. These jams that we had with our waffles are what really put this plate over the edge. 


All I can say is Banana Passionfruit jam oh em gee.

And I thought the food in Bangkok was amazing but holy smokes Chiang Mai takes the cake. So far I've had the best meal of my life here- Coconut Curry served out of a coconut. This little organic restrauant by our guest house is so delicious. Melanie's Pad Thai was the best I've ever had. Perfection.


I had some Panang dish in Bangkok and Another Panang dish in Chiang Mai. In Bangkok it was similar to how I've had it back home- thinker sweet curry sauce. In Chiang Mai it was a very spicy thinner coconut milk curry sauce, like vegetable curry back home. I just found that interesting. Melanie and I were starving last night so we got some street Pad Thai. It was super delicious but different from all the rest. More peppery. I haven't been to concerned about what I'm consuming despite warnings of not eating meat and drinking the water. After every meal I get a little nervous that it will be the one that does me in. I made sure to learn how to say "Where is the bathroom?" in Thai. But so far, I've been golden. 

Besides food, Chiang Mai has some really great shopping. So cheap! You can buy a dress or a really nice necklace for 100 baht, which is only $3! I got a lil cray with the shopping yesterday.


Well back to food, I'm starving again and it's breakfast time :)

Sawatdee.

-Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment